Trees come in all sorts of sizes, shapes and locations. As such, our removal process must be adaptable to whatever circumstance may come our way. From climbing and dismembering trees, to using a crane to extract them from difficult locations; we have the tools and the experience to deal with any challenge.
For large mature trees, we generally use a team of four people. This team will consist of a climber, a backup climber in case of emergencies and two more ground crew. Our team can normally take these large trees apart and remove them from a property within 1-2 hours.
- The team will conduct an onsite safety check to identify and plan for any nearby obstacles or hazards
- The climber will scale the tree and set up his lines
- Once the lines are set, the climber will use a chainsaw to slowly dismantle the tree, piece by piece, lowering the segments down to the ground crew
- The team on the ground will remove the green waste from the site, wood-chipping any of the larger pieces
- Once all branches and canopy have been removed, the climber will either dismantle the trunk from the top down, or – depending on the available space – descend so the crew can fell the entire tree
- The remaining green waste is then broken down by the woodchipper and removed from the property
- The crew conduct a final sweep of the property to ensure it is left in as good, or better condition than it started
How much does tree removal cost?
Removing a medium-sized tree typically costs between $600 and $800. A large, mature tree will cost anywhere from $1500 to remove, depending on the size and circumstance.
Why does tree removal cost so much?
Tree removal is a premium service because it is dangerous work that requires qualified expertise, extra staff, equipment and insurance. The price of tree removal includes the cost of a skilled team, industrial tools, full insurance coverage, essential safety training, onsite safety measures and a final cleanup of the site. While many services will offer discount rates by cutting some of these important elements, we provide a premium service without compromising the best interests of our clients, the condition of their property and the safety of our crew.
Why do we need a professional tree removal service?
The need for a professional tree removal service stems from the same reasons it is a premium service – it is dangerous and technical work that requires the right training, team, insurance and equipment. While we do offer wood-chipping services for those who wish to cut down their own trees, we highly recommend the use of a licenced Arborist to avoid personal and public safety risks.
Do I need a tree removal permit?
Whether you need a permit to cut down your private tree depends on your location, the type of tree and the reasons for removing it. For guidelines on pruning and removing private trees throughout Victoria, visit our library for region-specific advice.
What are the penalties for cutting a tree without a permit?
The financial penalties for damaging or destroying a protected tree without a permit can be steep. We encourage anyone considering significant work on their private trees to first check with their local council to ensure no laws will be violated.
Tree removal is a dangerous, specialty service. We know that customers don’t want to take shortcuts when it comes to the safety of their home and the condition of their property. That’s why we invest time and resources into every aspect of the service we provide, allowing us to offer customers a premium service with the greatest insurance coverage, the best industry equipment, the most thorough safety and training programs and a team equipped to help you.
Our friendly team are ready to help you through the process. Whether you need an obligation-free quote, some guidance on what to do with your trees or the help of a qualified arborist – we have you covered. We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of happy customers with their tree requests.
Choosing Jim’s Tree & Stump Removal means local, it means quality and it means the best for your home.