Need Stump Removal in SA?
Call us on 131 546 – 7 days; or Book Online Here 24/7 for fast Stump Removal SA. Jim’s Tree & Stump Removal SA can help with Stump Removal, Stump Grinding, entire Tree Removal, Tree Lopping, Tree Pruning, Arborist Reports and more. See our full range of tree services here.
How is a Tree Stump Removed?
There are many ways to remove a tree stump, but not all of them safe so it is important that a professional is used whenever possible. The most effective procedure can depend on the type of tree stump; & size and number of the stumps needed to be removed. Below are some of the more popular methods used for stump removal:
- Excavation of stumps – This method involves excavation via machinery; this can be messy & leave a significant hole that may need back filling; for both aesthetic and safety reasons.
- Splitting of tree stumps – This method requires a small amount of excavation and swinging a maul or axe.
- Using a tree stump grinder – Specifically designed to get rid of the stumps of large trees and consists of a spinning blade with carbide tips that shreds the logs. This method is the most efficient and cost effective.
- Chemical removal of tree stumps – If you are not in a hurry to remove the stump, and a cost effective method is needed, chemicals can be used that are specifically formulated to accelerate the death of tree stumps and roots. While cheaper, this method may not be ideal though if you have children or pets that play in the area.
- Burning the stumps of tree trunks – Burning is also an effective and less expensive method to get rid of a tree stump. However, since this method generates smoke, consider getting the permission of the local SA fire or council authorities before commencing. It is also important to note that it can take several days for the stump to burn completely (depending on the size), therefore it can be a time intensive option requiring close monitoring to reduce any fire hazard.